You're off to a good start if your house is designed with popular, modern amenities like crown molding, newly laid hardwood floors, a kitchen pantry, master bedroom en suite and a kitchen island. Your home already has features that people appreciate and gravitate toward.
Amenities and products home buyers love
Put your house on the market and you could receive thousands more for your home than you would if your house didn't have these amenities. Yet, you could increase your home value even more, perhaps by thousands more. And despite what you might be thinking, you won't need a hammer, wood or nails to add more value to your home.
To raise your home value, add products that people have long respected. Some of these items are pricey. But, the pricier items could easily add more value to your home than they cost. And here the products are:
- Piano - Leading the way is the shiny, black grand piano. At the top of the line, a grand piano easily cost as much as a house. Even if home buyers don't play the piano, you could get more for your house simply because there's a quality piano in it.
- Jacuzzi - It's not as popular as it was years ago. But, a Jacuzzi is still a great relaxer. It's also a great social and conversation piece.
- Laundry room - Pushing a washer and dryer into the corner of a room doesn't count. The laundry room should at least be as large as a walk in closet. A family size washer and dryer should fit comfortably inside the room. So too should three to six shelves.
- Screened in porch - Bring a sofa, two chairs and a table onto the porch. The space should feel comfortable, as welcoming as your living room or den.
- Entertainment center - Leave a high definition, wide screen television in your house post sale and you might start receiving more bids. Build a full size entertainment center with television, popcorn machine, billiards or pool table and theater chairs and your home value generally goes up more.
- Home office - Telecommuting has increased. People who work from home appreciate knowing that they won't have to spend money to design a home office after they move.
- Gym - Turn half of your basement into a gym, adding a treadmill, rowing machine and dumb bells. Use the other side of your basement as your entertainment or media center.
Share amenities and household products that you love with others
Amenities are as big a part of a house as the actual structure of a home. Get the right amenities and you'll get more than compliments from visitors about your house. You may receive competitive bids when you put your house on the market.
When it comes to raising your home value, even easier than amenities are the right products. These products celebrate the arts, convenience and possibilities. It very well may be these takeaways that home buyers appreciate most about these products. You can love them too, even as you prepare to part with the products during an impending home sale.